Thursday, August 13, 2009

Say what?

I can't believe people are sending rumours out that Michael Vick was supposed to join the Buffalo Bills. He's the loser (for lack of a better term) that was arrested for dog fighting? The news crews announced that it is an untrue rumour and that the Bills aren't considering taking him on yet.....yet? What happened to the idea that these players are role models for children? The fact that Vick can still play is insulting. I remember football players used to be looked down upon for actions such as that (Lynch, Stalworth, etc.). Children growing up with this "new attitude" are thinking, hey, I can get away with that...I can do whatever I want and not lose my job! What about how these decisions translate to every day life? These are the people that go out and shoot cops, rape, murder, etc., just because they think they won't get punished! It's got to stop and if it needs to start somewhere, let it start with the celebrities...they're the ones our children are watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment