Saturday, August 8, 2009

Full steam ahead!

It's almost 7am and I'm drinking coffee, preparing for the day ahead. We're throwing a party for my brother since he came home from a 20 week training only a week ago and he leaves next Saturday. The party doesn't start until 1pm but there are still things that need to be done. Spent all of yesterday cleaning the house and getting the fresh fruit washed and plated.

This morning we need to put together two salads - one fruit and one green - as well as dish up the mac and potato salads. The lunch/dinner is going to be catered, but we still need to cook the salt potatoes. Hey, I suggested that's too much starch but who listens, right? :)

My aunt, uncle, and cousins came in from NH and she made a beautiful flag cake with an eagle and flag painted onto a plate of fondant to decorate the top. Absolutely gorgeous. My brother is still asleep in the other room so I have to keep my typing as quiet as possible...but he'll be woken eventually when the kiddies come downstairs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment