Thursday, March 25, 2010

Past the Ides of March

Well, I think now is a good a time as any to update this thing. I've got some time before lunch and then I'm off to work.

To begin with (Marley was dead....sorry, couldn't resist!), obviously I was wrong about the Superbowl. I thought it would be Favre against P. Manning, but I won't lie and say I was disappointed that the Colts lost. I was cheering until the very end for the underdog. I'm not a fan of either team, but I have a strong dislike for Peyton. To be honest, I have no idea why.

The semester has been very, very, VERY busy. Between all the homework for my courses and working around 10 hrs/week (not a lot, but it is when you have 4-6 hrs of homework every night), and then add commitments to group projects that go throughout the semester and participating in a gay-straight alliance club, I'm surprised I haven't died from the stress (or lack of sleep, for that matter). But hey, all of this will be worth it in the end. Thankfully I'm not part of a professional development program at school, which will allow me to be some of the few select resumes to be sent out to top employers when I graduate - if I complete the program. That will make all the extra work worth it. And hey, calculus isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I guess it's much easier when the professor actually explains the reasoning but can make you laugh at the same time...which helps when remembering processes. Case in point, his "crazy ex-girlfriend Kim had to be sent downstairs" reminds you that when x has a negative exponent it becomes 1 divided by x with that exponent as a positive. Strange, but it works so I won't complain!

I know he'll probably end up reading this...I forgot (for some unknown reason...maybe I'm losing my mind for being so old, haha) that blogs are visible to anyone. Plus when I added myself as a follower I lead him right to mine. It's not a big deal or anything. *shrugs* Oh well, I digress. My point is that I think I'm warming up to the idea of "moving on". I won't lie and say I don't check the obituaries every week for my ex - can never tell when someone is telling the truth or using a ploy. I think it is funny, however, that the way we've been acting is like we're already...I guess you could call it "official". It's similar to people who live together for years and act married but don't have the paperwork - we just don't have the title. As the days pass I think less and less of my ex, and I won't forget the good times we had and I don't want to completely forget the bad. I think if I did that then it would mean that I never learned anything from that experience. I guess only time will tell.

Thought for the day: Ever wonder why things happen? It seems narrow-minded to say that it's fate, or God's work. There may be some of that in there, but what would be the tangible reason, the full reality of it all. Ever think about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment