Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New year, new....relationship?

How do you know when you're ready to move on? How do you know you can handle a new relationship?

It's been almost seven months since my last relationship ended...ten months since I've actually seen me ex. I feel like I should be ready to begin anew, but I feel hesitant. I'm interested, but not sure I can safely take that next step. He's a great guy, but do I have the capacity to give him what he needs? Can I be the girlfriend and not just the girl friend?

It's almost as if I'm afraid to put myself out there. This guy, he seems like a great person and so far has been an amazing friend. He drew me into a hug when I first shared some of my problems that came from my last relationship - just because. Because he could hear my voice drop and he could see that I was still really hurting.

I don't cry myself to sleep as often as I used to, but I want to be able to give myself time to heal. I've made extraordinary progress, but is it enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment